ITT is one of the world’s most significant events connected with the medium of textiles. For the 17th time, the Central Museum of Textiles in Łódź invites artists for whom fabric is a source of inspiration, contexts and forms describing our world, to submit their works to the competition.
The theme of the next year’s edition of the Triennial is: “Entangled State”. Although taken from quantum physics, the term may metaphorically describe many of the phenomena and problems around us. The quantum “entangled state” is a situation where two elementary particles are linked in such a way that no matter the distance between them, any change to one of them results in an immediate change to the other. However, the appearance of an observer breaks this link. This has provided inspiration for a reflection on our participation in social and public life. Being an active participant requires action and dedication. Passiveness, on the other hand, gives us a false sense of neutrality, while the lack of an explicit declaration or action is also a way to express our beliefs which translate into the reality around us. Artists are the ones to voice ideas, the heralds of change from whom we may expect participation that transforms our world.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE TOPIC CLICK THE LINK:
Applications for the 17th edition of the competition can be submitted from 11 June 2021 to 28 February 2022 using the online form in Polish and in English available on the Museum’s website. They will serve the jury to assess the works and indicate artists shortlisted for the main exhibition. The shortlist will be published on the website www.cmwl.pl no later than on 15 April 2022. And the winners will be announced at the exhibition opening on 8 October 2022. The main prize is, in addition to the gold medal, 10.000 euros. The main exhibition of the 17th ITT will be held until 15 April 2023.
APPLICATION — IMPORTANT ISSUES
- Entitled participants: artist or Art Groups from all over the world.
- Form and subject matter of the works: works should relate either in their layer of significance or their formal layer to the medium of textiles and take into consideration the watchword of the 17th ITT: ENTANGLED STATE.
- Limit of submitted works: each participant can send only one work made within the last 3 years.
- Dimensions and weight of the works: the entered two-dimensional works should not exceed the size of 3 x 3 m, while three-dimensional works should not exceed the size of 3 x 3 x 3 m. The weight of the work cannot exceed 100 kg.
Application form is available on the Museum’s website:
Mandatory attachments to the application form:
- current colour photograph of the Participant (in tiK or jpg format, 300 dpi);
- between 1 and 7 colour photographs (in the aforementioned size) presenting as fully as possible the accomplished work (not its project). The photographs should show the work against a neutral background, presented in a way similar to its planned view on the exposition.
The languages of correspondence and application form: Polish, English.
Regulations of the competition within the framework of the 17th International Triennial Of Tapestry is available on the Museum’s website: www.cmwl.pl
Curator of the 17th ITT: Marta Kowalewska