This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
A space for Textile Art...
ArteMorbida is a space that aims to make available to artists and lovers of textile art and art in general, knowledge and information to inspire and encourage their own creative experience and personal growth.
Being creative requires talent … of course, but above all it takes time and effort!
On the contrary: time, effort and a lot of determination.
Determination requires motivation, constant interest and passion. But this is not enough, because creating means “creating something new”. So they need technical skills and study and application, attempts, stubborness and again … time and effort.
“There is no substitute for hard work”- Thomas A. Edison
And while you are there, working hard for your art, or looking for a starting point, or a “technical” advice to solve a problem, we put at your disposal our hard work. A work of study, collection, updating and research of creative resources.
• Interviews with artists who use threads, fabrics and textile materials as medium of their art and who explain what their creative process consists of, and how it has evolved over time. How they have overcome moments of lack of inspiration and creative crisis.
• “technical” advice to help one’s career as an artist grow (how to use social media to advertise, how to identify competitions and exhibitions to participate in, how to determine the price of one’s own textiles …)
• articles in which textile artists share their experience describing the more “technical” aspects of their work. A precious know-how.
• articles about history of textile arts (the history of quilting in America and the world, the origins of Fiber Art, an excursus on tapestry art … and much more),
• Informations on collecting and selling art
• informations aboiut national and international exhibitions and contests
• Book reviews.