International Textile Art Exhibition
BIEN 2023 [31. 5.–10. 8.]
Artists, designers and researchers who work mainly in the medium of textiles, the biennale of textile art BIEN invites you to respond to the public call for participation. BIEN 2023 will take place between May 31 and August 10 in Slovenian cities Kranj, Škofja Loka, Jesenice and in the digital space. The selected artworks will be exhibited indoor in the industrial space Globus in Kranj and outdoor in the open-air museum Castle Garden in Škofja Loka.
The open call is open until March 1, 2023.
The central theme of the call is “The Sun”.
The effect of the Sun on our daily lives is so great that various human cultures have always included it in their myths and legends, and many polytheistic religions around the world have understood the Sun to be one of the gods. The Sun is so fundamental for survival, but at the same time a factor of danger. Living environments become too dry, there is a lack of food and water, and so the Sun becomes something we can fear, especially in summer. Learn more → https://layer.si/bien/en/open-call-2023/
With its programs of textile art and industrial design, Textile Art Biennial BIEN presents itself biennially with exhibitions and projects that reflect on heritage, conservation and sustainability. BIEN creates new contemporary expressions and encourages interdisciplinary artistic collaboration with projects and residencies. At the exhibition artworks by international and domestic artists are presented and special focus is given to the best works of current domestic and international student production. BIEN understands that the future of art is also in the public and digital space.
More Information → layer.si/bien
APPLICATION, BASIC INFORMATION:
○ Artists or art groups from all over the world who submit one work not older than three years can participate.
○ Submitted works should approach the central theme: the Sun; works should be created primarily in the medium of textiles or a medium that imitates textiles in its material or technical context.
○ Submitted works should not weigh more than 20 kg (including assembly elements).
○ The costs of the shipping of the artworks are at the responsibility of the participant, the cost of the return transport will be covered by the organizer.
○ The application form can be filled in Slovene or English, it is available here: https://forms.gle/Jy8gi3cppgFcRzKM8
○ The application deadline is March 1, 2023
○ Contact for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and conditions → https://bit.ly/3UZD5VL
Application Form → https://forms.gle/Jy8gi3cppgFcRzKM8
BIEN is an initiative of Carnica Institute from Kranj, Slovenia, which organizes the biennale together with the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Ljubljana and the Faculty of Design, an independent higher education institution. Co-financed by Slovenian Ministry of Culture and City Municipality Kranj.